Some years ago, Volunteers decided that a group needed to be formed to improve the way Volunteers fitted in with the work of the Forest staff team. COG is now a constituted group with chairman, secretary and treasurer, meeting roughly quarterly.
Its main aims are to:
- Ensure needs for volunteer help are matched by volunteers
- Ensure Volunteers are looked after and enjoy their time with the Forest
- Organise training for Volunteers
- Raise money for the Volunteer group and for the Forest of Marston Vale Trust
- Organise an irregular programme of social events for Volunteers
- Produce a newsletter for Volunteers
Download volunteer conservation task programme for 2013/14 here
COG meetings happen at the Forest Centre on weekday evenings and are open to any Volunteer to attend.
Dates of COG meetings are normally announced in Reed All About It and Volunteers are welcome to attend but it would be useful for us to know you’re coming, so please call Guy Lambourne, Community Liaison Officer, on 01234 762608 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be present.
The Forest of Marston Vale Trust has since 2005, had one trustee drawn from the Forest Volunteers. This move demonstrates the importance that the Trust places on its Volunteers. Our first Volunteer trustee was Sally Williams, who passed on the position, in November 2007, to Joan Ferguson. The position is currently held by Nigel Davies.
Minutes of meetings
Read the minutes of the last Volunteers’ meeting (10/2/15) – click here