Home » Community Fund

Community Fund

Thanks to Brooke Wind Energy Limited, we have funding available for community projects across the Forest of Marston Vale.

Brooke Wind Energy Ltd. (company number SC538813) operates and owns the wind turbine in the Millennium Country Park, which has a life span of 25 years. As part of their agreement with us, they are paying £10,000 per year into a community fund, for 24 years, to benefit activities or projects that fall under the following headings;

-          Educational

-          Community

-          Energy efficiency

-          Environmental

-          General community amenities

Are there any activities that cannot be funded?

The following activities cannot be supported by the fund:

-          Activities adverse to the commercial interests of either the Project Company or the charitable / commercial interests of The Forest of Marston Vale Trust

-          Applications by individuals

-          Political or religious campaigns

-          Statutory services that should otherwise be funded by local or national government.

 How can the money be spent?

The panel will be awarding grants, with conditions placed on the use of the money given to a project and on the condition that an ‘end of project report’ is received, stating how the money was spent and how the project has performed.

Who can request funds?

Applications can be accepted from community groups, community projects, charities, parish councils, schools and churches. New groups or ideas for projects where a group does not currently exist will be considered.

For further information download an application pack below:

Download the Guidance notes by clicking here
Download the Application Form by clicking  here

How much money can be applied for?

A maximum sum of £2,000 will be granted for any one project and the amount applied for must not exceed 90% of the total cost of the project. The application must confirm the source of the remaining funding for the project (minimum 10%).

Larger projects may be considered for funding by the BRCC; go to www.bedsrcc.org.uk for more information.

Who makes decisions on how this fund is spent?

Decisions are made by a fund panel made up of representatives from the following organisations:

Central Bedfordshire Council

Bedford Borough Council      

The Forest of Marston Vale Trust

Brooke Wind Energy Ltd

 How quickly will a decision be made on a project application?

The fund panel meets annually, every February, to consider applications.  Applicants are informed by email or telephone on the day after the panel meeting and this is then followed up formally in writing. These decisions will be confirmed in writing within 14 working days of the meeting.

 If you have any questions or queries please contact the fund administrator by email or call 01234 767037.

 



The Forest of Marston Vale Trust. Registered in England No 3462405, Registered Charity No 1069229. Marston Vale Services Ltd. trading as The Forest Centre Registered in England No 3538255.
Marston Vale Farms Ltd. Registered in England No 6537891. Registered Office for all: The Forest Centre, Station Road, Marston Moretaine, Bedfordshire, MK43 0PR
© The Forest of Marston Vale Trust. Web design and development by Bonfire Creative Intelligence